New Zealand Jobs
Leader/GuideVBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations Nationwide Other Paid position(Know your rights) Competitve daily wage, plus generous tips! Guiding
Country Walkers & VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations are currently accepting leader/guide applications for the 2018 tour season in New Zealand:
New Zealand: The South Island:
New Zealand: Bike & Walk The South Island:
Dates of employment: January through December 2018
• A leader’s primary role is to ensure that guests experience the best vacation of their lives!
• Passion for walking/cycling and the outdoors; physical fitness.
• Well-rounded life experience.
• Superb people and customer service skills: outgoing, confident, and fun personality; being at ease when speaking to groups and being a spirited conversationalist.
• Clean, repair and maintain bicycles while on tour (not applicable to walking tours)
• Drive a 15-passenger van (for biking tours – trailer in tow)
• Represent and maintain professional, balanced relationships with guests, hotels, and citizens of local communities through which we travel, as well as with VBT co-leaders and staff.
• Experience handling multiple logistics.
• Ability to handle and manage a tour budget.
• A love of people!
• Desire to share education, discovery and fun.
• Current Basic First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training
• Physical abilities – cycle up to 50 miles/walk up to 6 miles with guests each day in all types of weather, carry heavy luggage.
• Strong teamwork skills: energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, creativity, and attention to detail.
• First-hand local experience and knowledge is highly preferred.
• Prior guiding is strongly recommended but not required.
• Valid Passenger Service License, P-endorsement, and a clean driving record.
Contact employer for more details
Volunteer at a New Zealand Festival! If you love festivals but don’t [...]
How to write a WWOOF Profile. Living the Kiwi lifestyle, while saving [...]
Good practice for quitting your job in NEw Zealand. Hiring a marching [...]