New Zealand Jobs
Hostel Duty ManagerThe Old Countryhouse Christchurch / Canterbury Tourism Paid position(Know your rights) TBC Experience required
Are you a dynamic, positive customer service expert with a passion for traveling? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Old Countryhouse Backpackers is an Award Winning hostel in Christchurch and has been top-rated since 2002. We are looking for someone who can help not only maintain our excellent rating, but also have the ability and drive to increase it, too!
Yourself: You are well known for your smile and your positive outlook on life, and for going the extra mile to make a difference. You are motivated and structured in organizing and prioritizing your work load, paying great attention to detail, taking pride in your work, using loads of initiative and are committed to having fun at work every day. You will need a ‘can do’ attitude with the willingness to take a ‘hands on’ approach to a variety of tasks including maintenance and housekeeping.
Your key assets:
-Friendly and approachable
-Ability to work autonomously
-A “can do” attitude and the will to learn HEAPS
-Great employee management skills
-Outstanding people skills and ability to think on your feet in stressful situations
– Cash Management and Computer operations MS Word and Excel is a MUST
-A clean full drivers licence is essential
– Practical or handyman skills would be very advantageous
-Fluently speaking a second language is a big plus
Your duties will include:
• The daily running of our busy reception including answering the phone, taking reservations, check-ins and check-outs, administration work, managing bookings, helping guests with enquiries and offering advice and information, booking activities, etc.
• Training, managing, supporting and assisting the cleaning staff, keeping communal areas and hostel grounds tidy and spotless at all times
• Solving problems and dealing efficiently with anything and everything that might come up! This role will involve weekend and public holiday work as required.
• Exploring avenues to develop our customer base and improve our occupancy
• Accurate financial bookkeeping and reporting
• Have bucket loads of fun in whatever you are doing
You will get:
• A full time permanent position – the hours are to meet the demands of the business.
• Good base salary
• A fun and dynamic work environment. We love our job and we would love for you to enjoy it too!
• PLUS: excellent above average activity sales commission
It is not every day a door opens like this, and this could be your chance to join one of the best hostels in the country. If you can tick off most of the above and if you are looking for an opportunity to expand your horizons, make global connections and excel, please do contact us immediately by sending your CV with a recent photo and a covering email explaining your situation, telling us all about yourselves and what you believe you offer to the position!
We are looking forward to hearing from you and telling us why you are perfect for this position!
Contact employer for more details
Apple Picking jobs in New Zealand. With New Zealand’s fertile lands, apple [...]
A complete guide to the Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand. Do [...]
Which New Zealand universities to consider studying. It’s a no-brainer: studying in [...]