New Zealand Jobs
Day CookTotara Hospice South Auckland Manurewa, Manukau / Auckland Hospitality / Service Paid position(Know your rights)
– Permanent role with the flexibility of working only 3 days a week every second week!
– Thursday, Friday, Saturday 07:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m. (21 hours per fortnight)
– Great opportunity to enjoy work-life balance in a job sharing role!
– Most importantly, the opportunity to let your passion about food help Make Hospice Happen
Totara Hospice South Auckland (THSA) provides palliative care services to people with life limiting illnesses in the South & South East communities of Auckland. We have an In Patient Unit, an Out patients clinic, we run Day hospice programs and also provide Community home visiting to our patients. Avital part of the care and support we provide to our patients is the meals that we prepare & serve.
We are looking for a cook who can manage our kitchen on Thursday, Friday & Saturday every second week and ensure our patients are well supported by:
– Coordinating and ensuring the safe and efficient operations of the kitchen
– Planning menus and preparing meals for patients in consultation with nursing staff and the Food Service & Facilities Manager
– Preparing as well as overseeing the serving of breakfast & lunch to patients
– Preparing the evening meal
– Ensuring that all food storage and handling is in accordance with THSA Food Safety Policy
– Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen with strict hygiene in the kitchen premises
– Coordinating and supervising kitchen volunteer staff
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
Minimum 2 years cooking experience
Food Handling Certificate
Knowledge of Infection Control precautions
Physically fit with good communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organisational skills including flexibility and adaptability
Experience in a healthcare setting would be an advantage
This position offers a warm and friendly environment, and the chance to make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Interested? If you would like to be part of our team here at Totara Hospice South Auckland, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 4434545
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and will close once we find the perfect person…so don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Contact employer for more details
Work and travel: your Cv’s new best friend. You’ve lived your life [...]
Confirmation and payment. Welcome to the last leg of our walkthrough on [...]
What does your New Zealand working holiday visa look like? We receive [...]